Wednesday, July 13, 3301

Eyron

Even before leaving Sol I hit some combat action I was itching for. A pirate had been a nuisance while I was bouncing between planets, and he'd tagged as I plotted out my jump coordinates.

Lezkas lept into life as he closed in and although he still outgunned me, the repair droids tipped the race in my favour. He bailed with 1/4 of his hull remaining to my 1/2, but he wasn't getting far with the rethone reigning him in. A few shots more and he'd trouble no-one again.


The Lezkas don't seem to be as effective as I'd thought. I'll need to watch the battle damage reports a little closer next time to see what's happening. I'm confident overall in my ship though, the droids are gold. Not much of worth in the pirate wreckage.


The diversion had taken its toll on my delivery schedule though, and I barely made it to "Little Arthur" with 5 days to go. The secret documents sounded very private indeed:


Our offensive at Mencar had finally pushed through and eradicated the Dominators from the system so the Little Arthur was in party mode. Personally blame the pirate for keeping me behind schedule. Maybe I'd have joined in for the spoils and a moment of glory up on the dais with the many other rangers who participated if I'd made it here in normal time. Antares is still under Dominator control, so maybe there's a push onward to there in the coming weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment